A log of recent improvements and content additions to Sketch Master.
November 23, 2016
- Updated all cheat sheets to use Sketch 41’s new icons.
- Numerous design and UX improvements when using the courses.
- Easily mark sections as “completed” or “unwatched,” by clicking the checkbox in the list of course sections.
- Sections are completed automatically when you have watched the majority of a video.
- The course progress bar immediately updates as you complete a section.
- The “Start Watching” button now provides smarter suggestions about what section to watch next.
October 15, 2016
Introducing Cheat Sheets
I just released a major addition to the Sketch Master courses—cheat sheets. These are written notes about all the key points, tips, tricks, and keyboard shortcuts from each video.
They’re a perfect way to reference what you’ve learned—especially after you’ve watched a video and think to yourself, “what was that keyboard shortcut to bring up the Eyedropper from the color picker?”
And if you’re not familiar with the symbol for that key, just hover over it to see it’s name.
Cheat sheets are available today for all students, at no additional cost.
September 16, 2016
- If you change the volume while watching a video, the website now remembers that volume and applies it when you watch another video.
- After watching the majority of a video, that section in the course will be automatically marked “Complete” ☑️.
September 12, 2016
- When viewing the courses, students now have a “Start Watching” button, allowing them to easily resume watching where they left off.
July 28, 2016
- Updated both the Getting Started and UX courses to cover new minor features in Sketch version 39, including Scale origins, Replace With (replace any layer with a Symbol), and the “Fit” image fill option. Group & Symbol Resizing will be featured in an upcoming course.
- Updated the Getting Started course and resources to cover Sketch 3.8’s huge improvements in the Sketch Mirror app.
- Added additional keyboard shortcut overlays to various videos, to make it easier to see what shortcuts are being used.
June 10, 2016
- Major improvements to the Pixel Density section in the UX course. The video is now packed with custom animations, and new resources have been added.
May 29, 2016
- Addition of a Frequently-Asked Questions page to the main website
- Revisions to the Getting Started course, recreating the functionality of Prepo (live device icon previews on a homescreen) by using Symbols and the new Sketch Mirror app.
- Several minor changes based on Sketch’s recent version 41 update.
- Note: Sketch 41 introduced new toolbar icons. This is a purely visual change, and the courses will be re-recorded in the coming months.